Thursday 27 September 2012

In The End


As the day comes to a close,
Sunlight fades to a golden glow,
Rising darkness emerging slow,
Time has paused in its flow,
And my soul is not willing to go,
Lost a friend, not long ago;
Sitting by his side, the silence speaks,
While he rests peacefully underneath,
The voices playing inside my head,
Too bold to lead, too meek to spread,
Slowly consuming a part of me,
As I close my eyes, forget reality;
Trying to capture the memories shared,
I feel them slipping, I had not cared
To preserve them, and now I find myself
Wanting to wake my friend and ask for help,
And I realize, although I didn’t see,
It was the only thing that he left me;
Sadness grows as I rise to depart,
Tears are only for the weakest heart,
I cannot cry, that sense is gone,
With a hollow heart I must carry on,
Filled with regret for the moments lost,
Waiting to fathom what the priceless cost,
Should’ve given more time, he was a good friend,
Only if I’d known what lay in the end.

No comments: