Tuesday 11 September 2012

Confined



The darkness seems aglow, painted by aided light,
A candle burning slowly in the rainy night,
Outside the cold winds blow, the moon is on the sky,
It looks another way, seen by another life,
If sorrow never leaves you, Time becomes a pain,
If age has left you now, you don’t remember when,
Your features make you blur and you don’t look the same,
Like you would if you had a name;

Sitting inside my cell, watching my life go by,
I can’t remember when my teardrops drown the sky,
Outside the storm may calm, never the same inside,
It’s like the ashes rising, when the fire died,
Imprisoned in a cell, locked up inside my thoughts,
Until the vibrant mind has turned to brittle rot,
Living the life oppressed, the stronger roams about,
Caged in for shouting out;

Counting the stars aglow, like golden fire spots,
I feel my thoughts back tracking to connect the dots,
Moments of solitude, moments of love and pain,
Pictures are pouring down, like droplets in the rain,
But when it strikes the ground, the pictures break apart,
Like feelings leaving when, a lover breaks a heart,
I try collecting them and storing on the rack,
In hopes of returning back;

I see another life, a life devoid of glee,
I didn’t know back then what it was meant to be,
The grey would turn to black, the colours drenched in gloom,
Living a world with rules, set for impending doom,
And all I used to feel, how love can be so grim?
I never had a guide, just when I needed him,
Swayed off the course too fast, fell in the deepest pit,
Where no other light can be lit;

The rain begins to calm, my mind begins to ease,
Feeling the droplets floating in the sudden breeze,
The free are free to roam; their thoughts are never tied,
Why does the world behave then, like it’s not alike?
And while the child’s asleep, the evil plays about,
And he is left to wake up in a world of doubt,
So when he tries to dream, the world is not so kind,
Just like me he lives confined;


I’ve lived my life, in utter sacrifice,
Looking through metal bars, at the clear skies,
Maybe the dreams are gone; maybe the hope’s alight,
I hear my heart still beating in the silent night,
Climbing through narrow panes, to the world outside,
Floating through clouds ablaze, on a final ride,
I hear my mind go free, starting to speak alike,
Maybe it’s time to rise….

No comments: