Wednesday 6 June 2012

A Road Builder's Life


Looking back at the road I took,
The one on which I came this far,
Like silent footsteps on a new land,
A tear down a face, a running scar;

Memories and voices just float about,
As the road in front turns into haze,
Reliving those moments spent in my life,
As I backtrack my path in this maze.

All those feelings, decisions, my work,
And all that I grew up with and in,
Some bad, some good, obscure or blank,
Define who I am, my mind within.

The struggles borne whether you know or not,
The triumphs had and those received,
The feelings and longings deep inside,
And all those dreams that I achieved.

Those silent days, that lonely self,
The torture that a life endured,
The lessons learnt, the knowledge gained,
The pain that a sudden idea cured;

Unfinished tales, the ships that sailed,
False facades, infinity and back,
And that flavored soup which I call life,
Did I follow the ideal or lose my track?

Can I ignore the rusted past?
Should I heighten the battles won?
Should I mould the real part to suit
Myself; when asked by someone?

And I realize as I blink twice,
My vision slipping back to reality,
No matter how much I try or deny,
It will always be a part of me.

The road is mine, I made it so,
The seeds I planted, the trees that rose,
The fruits it bore are mine to have,
And all will be for me to choose.

The road looks long, the asphalt shines,
One more glance and I turn to go,
The soldier’s pride returned with stride,
As I look ahead at an unknown road.

An outlined track, nothing to show,
Swarmed by weeds and not well laid,
So I pick up my tools, return to work,
Determined to build a road well spread;

The pleasure of work, a satisfied sense,
A happiness arising from tranquility,
And though you won’t care while on this path,
It will be something built by me.

I need no fame, I need no fun,
These moments I live reigns supreme,
I lived my life pursuing happiness,
Building roads and tilling my dreams.

The sense of purpose, the vigor to work,
The pride of creation, the noblest task
Is to keep me busy, just building my road,
With the knowledge gained; what more can I ask?




No comments: