Tuesday 22 May 2012

A Window


What draws me to the window pane,
Is my curious urge to look out again,
And every time I look outside,
I see Life on its silent ride,
I draw the curtains hastily,
It stirs something inside of me,
I know not what, it feels remote,
For I choose to welcome the old;
It feels empty as my room inside,
With no escape, nowhere to hide.
However, a voice lingers in the dark,
And taunts me with a question mark;

I open the window with a strong impulse,
And feel the city's racing pulse,
Where I - a victim of 'common man'
And common views, cannot say 'I can',
To take the charge, the lead role,
And time flies away until I am old.
Left to decay in the lonely cage,
Which I have built throughout my age.
Light rushes inside at the speed of light
As all the darkness and shadows subside,
The way around is still obscure,
By a pile of dirt covering the floor.

My grey wooden bed lies empty,
Like those dreams and wishes left to be,
Unaccomplished tasks left to rot,
While I slept soundly on that cot.
The mirror on the wall can no further
Reflect myself, I have nothing to gather
And stand near it, but it's not broken,
It's just asleep, impassive, not yet woken.
However, every time I look at it,
I see my sorry state, as if it is fit
For me; I can see nothing else,
I cannot rise above my arrogant self.

The shelf is covered by my atlas of sin,
Without the strength, I sink deeper in;
The books kept there, their knowledge is lost
By my neglect - a priceless cost.
The drawers of my heart, like my costly chest
Lay barren and vacant, I did my 'best'
To fill them up; the very pace
Set by my desire to do so - like a race
Run throughout life, only to realize
It is all meaningless - just a blink of the eyes,
The mind lay vacant - nothing gained,
I had begun, descended and remained.

A life unworthy of a crash report written
One second before it was erased and hidden.
But in that second I saw nothing of mine,
And you're supposed to see a lifetime.
Inside this cell - a living death,
The air intoxicated by my breath,
A mind of man, lost in time and space,
Like a pillar being built without its base.
The ultimate being with his greatest mind,
Was groping in the dark, unlike a blind.
But that is past, the window is open,
And it's never too late to mend the broken.

As I stand and absorb, my senses clear,
I begin to evolve a mind without fear.
The air and light fill inside to purge
And stimulate my will, and urge
To break down and pick up the broken,
And a fire from the ashes shall be awoken.
To meticulously build again from scratch,
And when ignited can have no match.
For a moment's pause I drown myself,
In the Nature outside - ready to help
And guide me, as I open my door,
To welcome the unknown inside once more.

This window like an opening in the fence,
Connects the corridors of existence,
And shows me the world around;
It gives me something I never found -
A sense of freedom - to collect and rise
Through the portal of light amidst grey skies.
The cloud clears from the stagnated brain,
My mind begins to respond again.
This is my life, I have this only one,
Will I wait for some Heaven after I'm gone,
Or build it here? this place where I stand,
Grow my paradise with my own hands.
None can stop me, I will grow,
And shatter the limits of this 'one' window.

No comments: